Jump Start CoursesGet a Jump Start on Your Allied Health Career
Having a foundational knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology, and Medical Terminology is key to your success as a Medical Assistant.More About This Program
Overview of Jump Start Courses
Jump Start courses help students begin an education journey online, acquire knowledge common across multiple allied health careers, and improve their candidacy for an education program through Futuro Health. Pima Medical Institute is offering the Jump Start coursed for Futuro Health.
Jump Start into Medical Assistant
Anatomy and physiology for healthcare and Medical Terminology are both required courses for the Medical Assistant Program. Futuro Health offers these courses through the California Community Colleges, the Bay Area Medical Academy, and other education partners. These courses are fully online and can be taken sequentially or together. Students need to complete both courses with a “C” grade or higher.
If you have completed a course in Anatomy and Physiology in the last five years at an accredited college or university and received a “C” grade or higher, you do not have to repeat this course. If you have completed a course in Medical Terminology at any point in the past and received a grade of “C” or better, you will not need to re-take this course. You will need to submit unofficial transcripts to prove course completion at some point.
HOW FUTURO HEALTH HELPS YOU SUCCEED
Futuro Health believes that investing in education, skills training, and retraining results in better paying jobs for workers,
better care for patients, and better workers for employers to hire.
The health care field provides many opportunities for people interested in helping others.
Whether you would like to work directly with patients or work behind the scenes,
there are many different entry level roles available and a lot of growth ahead.
Futuro Health wants to help you take your first (or next) step in the world of healthcare.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the cost for the Medical Assistant program?
In recognition of the impact of the pandemic on our communities, Futuro Health is waiving tuition for all programs and courses in 2020. Futuro Health reserves the right to change or update this practice at any time.
Specific to those accepted into the Medical Assistant Program, tuition will be waived — for the program itself as well as pre-requisites including the Jump Start courses and English Readiness for Allied Health — as long as the student begins his/her educational journey in 2020.
Students should expect to pay a non-refundable registration fee and a $20 per month membership for education and training as part of the application process, unless specifically waived for current SEIU-UHW members or otherwise.
Student can expect some minimal out-of-pocket cost associated with the application and enrollment process, e.g., background check, drug screen, and others.
A summary of the cost to the student is as follow:
- One-time Futuro Health enrollment fee(s): $50 application fee for the Jump Start pre-requisite courses to Medical Assistant Program; $100 application fee for the Medical Assistant Program.
- Membership fee for education and training: $20 per month for access to a statewide network of healthcare workers who will advise you about your career and studies.
- One-time background check and drug screen, which is required for those enrolling in clinical programs: $77-$119.
- Immunizations: Up-to-date immunizations are required for those enrolling in clinical programs. Some healthcare providers require payment for immunizations while for others these fees may be covered by insurance.
- Who do I contact for profile support?
If you are experiencing technical issues in the Futuro Health Portal, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- How is my profile information used?
- How do I delete my Futuro Health profile?
To delete your Futuro Health profile, send a request to email@example.com
- Should I complete the optional surveys in my profile?
Optional surveys will help Futuro Health learn more about you. Completing these surveys help strengthen your profile and aid in determining which program is the best fit for you.
- Can I update my survey and assessment responses?
Candidates are allowed to update their survey and responses if necessary. We encourage students to select the responses that truly depict their current skill level and background on the first attempt. However, we understand that circumstances may change calling for the survey(s) to be updated.
Candidates can view and update their survey responses by selecting the “Skills & Assessments” option on the portal home page.
Updating Survey Responses, step-by-step guide: Watch Video
- How do I update my email address?
There are two ways to update your email address in the Futuro Health portal. Begin by selecting the “My profile” icon in the upper right-hand corner. On this page you can select “Verify E-mail” or “Update Profile Information”. On each page you will see an option to update your email address. Once you have entered your desired email you will select “Update E-mail Address”.
Updating E-mail Address, step-by-step guide: Watch Video
- Can I update my profile information?
Profile information such as your name, address, and phone number can be updated in the Futuro Health portal by selecting the “My profile” icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- I have questions about a program or the enrollment process. Who do I contact?
If you have questions about a program or the enrollment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Am I required to take Anatomy and Physiology to be eligible for the Medical Assistant Program?
Medical Assistant students are required to complete an introduction to Anatomy and Physiology for healthcare. If you have previously completed these courses, they must have been taken at an accredited college with a (C ) grade or better within the last 5 years. Candidates will be asked to provide a transcript at a later point.
- Am I required to take a course in Medical Terminology to be eligible for the Medical Assistant Program?
Students must complete a course in medical terminology with a grade of “C” or better before being eligible for the Medical Assistant Programs. If you have previously completed this course and received a grade of “C” or better, you will not need to re-take this course. You will need to submit an unofficial transcript to prove course completion during the application process.
- How long will it take to complete anatomy and physiology for healthcare providers?
Students typically complete this course in 8-10 weeks.
- How long will it take to complete medical terminology?
Students typically complete this course in 3-8 weeks.
- Can I take both of the Jump Start courses at the same time?
- What if I do not pass the Jump Start courses?
Students who do not pass the Jump Start courses will not be eligible for the Medical Assistant Program may be referred to a different allied health program.
- Will I need a computer and internet access to take the program?
Yes, all students will need regular access to a computer and high-speed internet. Your computer will need at least a 2GHz processor or faster, 4 GB RAM or more, built-in or external speakers, USB 2.0 port or adaptor, a webcam supported operating system, Windows 7 or higher, or MacOS Sierra 10.12 or higher.
- Will I need to pass a drug test?
You should expect that our educational partners will require you to pass a drug test before starting school or sometime during your educational journey, and that all employers will require you to pass a drug test before starting work.